ADVENTURES IN THE BUSINESS SIDE OF CREATIVE
A 5.5" x 8.5" hand-bound zine, printed on sturdy white stock. Translucent vellum cover.
▲ ▲ ▲
The idea for this zine was born out of the many, many, MANY times my solo designer + artist friends would express frustration at working with their clients and were feeling ill-equipped for the business aspects of their entrepreneurships.
Yeah — art school prepares you for a lot of bullshit. But what about things like pricing? Or contracts? Or clients who are making your vision go black and question your life choices up 'til this point?
This is a 20 pg. collection of all of these things I've learned in the past decade that are NOT taught at school, mostly through trial and error and making a fuckton of mistakes on the way. I am now bestowing this knowledge unto you. Go forth and be a buttoned-up professional while still kicking some serious ass.
▲ ▲ ▲
THIS ZINE INCLUDES →
01. Breakdown of the various ad agency departments and how those responsibilities apply to your solo venture for maximum business understanding
02. Info on pricing and how to create estimates
03. How to draw up contracts
04. How to draw up proposals
05. Dealing with difficult client scenarios
06. A modicum of foul language
07. A bunch of downloadable, editable templates